Sunday, August 8, 2010

Review: San Terri Green Tea Chiffon Cake

I love San Terri's Green Tea cake.

The first recipe in this blog was the Green Tea cake by San Terri, as published in Flavours magazine. It did not turn out exactly like the cake in the shop, especially the cream. I may have missed something or used an ingredient which was not of adequate quality. The recipe remains to be retested.

There is a little San Terri shop in Menara Hap Seng in KL, an isalnd of a shop with no walls, very near my office. One day after lunch I dropped by and saw a new cake! the Green Tea Chiffon Cake.

Basically the same base cake as the Green Tea cake, but without the cream filling. With added adzuki beans in the cake itself.

I bought the whole cake. It set me back only RM 6.50. Compared to one slice which was about RM 5.









































As I would expect from normal chiffon cakes, the cake is not moist on its own. It is dry, airy, light with a subtle taste of green tea that hits your palate about 3-4 bites into the cake. The adzuki beans were not too soft, slightly hard and provides texture with a nice crunch.

It is the perfect companion for a morning / afternoon cup of tea and one slice is never enough!

My Ratings

Presentation: 4/10
Texture: 6/10
Taste: 5.5/10
Price: 8/10 (in terms of affordability)

Recommended: Only for the avid green tea fan.

Check out San Terri's website here for location and other products.

No comments:

Post a Comment